Search This Blog

Friday, July 13

Meteors hark Backing my Cerebrum

I was surfing the internet and found this blog.
when reposting, please credits http://f4misyel.blogspot.com [no other names/sites/forums] coz i personally asked his permission to repost his "blog article" to some of my affliated forums.

source:
http://robertlueasturias.i.ph/blogs/robertlueasturias/2007/07/05/meteors-hark-backing-my-cerebrum/#comment-16


When GMA Network told the whole Nation that they are going to re live the spirit of the so called "The Firstborn of the Philippine Asianovelas", my mind traveled across the hour glass of my life. It sets my whole being again into a country bombarded by the F4 Fever, and the Meteor Garden Attack.

That time, as I remember I was a junior student in our beloved school by the bay. Yeah right, and on those times, the community and even the whole country always dragged their feet to come home as early as five thirty in the afternoon just to view their favorite Asianovela. Seemingly, the whole country’s clock always stops when the hands of the clock in Manila City hall reaches the most waited moment of every Filipino.



One thing that I also remember is the moment when my friends and I had this summer outing in Morong, Bataan. All things were moving and doing well. The weather, the temperature and the beach were fine. The people, having their summer escapades from Manila, were enjoying the sun’s blessing in the months of summer. When the sun is now finding its way to take a rest and the mystical sunset was embraced from the horizon to the shore, I was surprised when I found out that I was the only being taking the pleasure of the beach. And when I looked on the mini hotel lobby facing the beach, every one was so deliberately watching their favorite Meteor Garden. No one was caught blinking while watching the drama on the television. The beach goers, the staffs from kitchen up to the administrators of the resort and the people that come out from no where, everyone was relatively hooked on the show. The merriment was stopped, but not totally bunged; it is now stirred on the kissing scene between Dao Ming Zi and San Cai.



I know that my teachers in my High School Alma Mater were great educators. I learned their lessons not because I want to but because we all want to because of their fancy teaching techniques, ideas and concepts.



But one thing that I cannot forget on them is the time that they are really addicted to Meteor Garden, not only to the story but it extends to the personal being of the characters.



One of my instructors, whom I adore most *because of her passion to her profession, nothing more* was deeply hooked to the society’s apple of the eye on that time. She has a huge wallpaper of Dao on her cubicle room, a mug personalized with Dao’s name painted on it, and a lot of Dao’s photos, carefully framed and displayed so heartedly.



Our class in World history, with her, usually ends with the meteor garden dialogues. Even the topics from great Athens, the Mesopotamia, the middle ages, the Mesoamericans, the Glory of Rome, the Lutherans, the Hundred years war in France, and until the modern World, all ended with Dao Min Zi and her admirations to Him.



But do not think that It ruins our class , instead, it totally helped us to make her subject more enjoyable, and helped us to comprehend on the topics easily. The reason is that, we feel the subject more enjoyable when there is no cloud of pressure that is above us. We learned a lot from the subject, *try me.haha* and also we enjoyed the life she shared on us, including her life as a Dao Ming Zi fans Club Philippine Chapter member haha, her first handshake with Dao and the moment she was totally in loved with Dao when she was embraced by Jerry Yan during his Bench Model Search here in the Philippines.



And that story is too long to be placed on this post. Just ask her na lang, and she will tell the whole story completely as if you are watching the scene right in front of you. After doing so, once she tell you that it is her birthday today, think twice. Haha peace ma’am.



She influenced most of the class, and even the whole faculty including the Principal *laughs*. Oh how I miss those days.



These things really bounced back to my mind whenever I see GMA’s teaser on Meteor Garden. I will treasure those moments. And as the Meteor Garden relives the spirit of the story, the happiness it brings to Filipino’s hearts will still smear on the history of anyone’s reminiscence.

No comments:

Popular Posts